Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Is the series dead again?

Sequel or Prequel?

Is the series dead again?

Postby evanmav » January 4th, 2018, 2:23 am

Seems like the series is most likely done again since they’ve never waited this long before to greenlight a sequel. There’s basically no way they’d be able to have a sequel ready for next October if they haven’t started working on it. And I doubt Lionsgate wants to take a year off and wait 2 years from Jigsaw to release a sequel.

I guess I’m happy that we at least got Jigsaw since I hated Saw3D. Im still hopeful we can get a sequel but seems very slim. We know that it made money for Lionsgate but I guess not enough.

Kinda sad to think that this might be the last SAW film we ever get for a long long long time. I doubt Lionsgate reboots the series for at least 10-20 years now since this reboot didn’t work out like they thought.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
87%

The Topic Starter

Re: Is the series dead again?

Postby Albert-Wesker » January 4th, 2018, 3:28 am

Not sure.

Honestly, I would've preferred no new movie if this is the end. Not that I didn't like Jigsaw, but the ending was made for a sequel.

Anyway, maybe they're really waiting 2 years this time, or maybe the will move away from the Halloween date. Don't know why they would do it, but if they release the next sequel Spring 2019 for example they have more prep time without having to wait 2 years
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
38%

1 year of membership

Mood: Cool

Postby Saw Warrior » January 4th, 2018, 4:16 am

Well, the movie made more than 100 million worldwide on a 10 million budget and facing huge competition on October / November.

I'm pretty sure we might see another one again in the future. Perhaps the production is really secret and they don't want to reveal details or they're taking their time (perhaps a 2 year gap ) to come with another.

All in all, I loved Jigsaw and I'm pretty happy with the movie. Perhaps after the dvd release we'll probably get some news.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
38.5%

1 year of membership

Postby sawguy77 » January 4th, 2018, 6:54 am

Don't worry.. it's not dead
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » January 4th, 2018, 3:31 pm

If we can expect another one next year, you'll see production start around march or april in Toronto, maybe earlier depending on team availabilities. But they probably would start contacting cast and crew members right around now, so maybe we'll hear something.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
2.5%

1 year of membership

Postby LukeG » January 5th, 2018, 2:34 am

It would be tough going up against Halloween(2018) next year with all it's hype
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35%

Postby evanmav » January 5th, 2018, 4:34 am

sawguy77 wrote:Don't worry.. it's not dead

I hope you're right! Just seems strange that it's been so quiet on Lionsgate's side. They've never waited this long and if they haven't started working on the script secretly it sounds like it would be hard to stick to next Halloween for Jigsaw II .

Maybe we'll hear something when the DVD is released in the next few weeks.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
87%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » January 5th, 2018, 5:28 am

Have you heard anything new, Sawguy? I know the last rumblings you heard about were a misunderstanding / different movie unless something's changed
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
2.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » January 5th, 2018, 5:30 am

evanmav wrote:
sawguy77 wrote:Don't worry.. it's not dead

I hope you're right! Just seems strange that it's been so quiet on Lionsgate's side. They've never waited this long and if they haven't started working on the script secretly it sounds like it would be hard to stick to next Halloween for Jigsaw II .

Maybe we'll hear something when the DVD is released in the next few weeks.

That isn't actually true. Beyond the last few sequels, we always heard sequel confirmation news around late jan, early feb... If not march. They could start production in april if needed. That said I personally think we aren't getting a new one til 2019.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
2.5%

1 year of membership

Postby evanmav » January 6th, 2018, 4:41 am

Vinc360 wrote:That isn't actually true. Beyond the last few sequels, we always heard sequel confirmation news around late jan, early feb... If not march. They could start production in april if needed. That said I personally think we aren't getting a new one til 2019.

Is that true? I'm pretty sure IV, V, VI and 3D were announced pretty shortly after the previous sequels premiered.

I think SAW II and SAW III may have been a little longer until announced.

So I guess it's not as bad of a sign as I originally thought since it looks like SAW II didn't announce anything really until late February.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
87%

The Topic Starter

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)