Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Who Picked Eleanor ?

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Who Picked Eleanor ?

Postby PacnyTuH0 » January 13th, 2018, 7:09 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:If the car was trying to run her over she wouldn't have been stood there looking confused. Plus didn't Logan say he needed her for his alibi? So why kill her?

Because she is the main suspect at that moment. And she would be able to prove that someone else set up Halloran's game. This would lead the Police to Logan being the killer. This is the most logical outcome I think. Therefore, I thought, if Logan kills her it would be better for him.

...now that I think about it more though, if he kills her he may get into even more trouble. But this could turn out to be an endless speculation since there could be so many possible outcomes.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
27%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » January 14th, 2018, 12:30 am

PacnyTuH0 wrote:
Faerie Tanith wrote:If the car was trying to run her over she wouldn't have been stood there looking confused. Plus didn't Logan say he needed her for his alibi? So why kill her?

Because she is the main suspect at that moment. And she would be able to prove that someone else set up Halloran's game. This would lead the Police to Logan being the killer. This is the most logical outcome I think. Therefore, I thought, if Logan kills her it would be better for him.

...now that I think about it more though, if he kills her he may get into even more trouble. But this could turn out to be an endless speculation since there could be so many possible outcomes.

I don't think Logan ever intends for the authorities to find Halloran's body, if the authorities finding the body is part of his plan then everything he bothered to do throughout Jigsaw is pointless. I'm sure Logan will do something in the opening scene of Jigsaw 2 to clear up the loose ends of his plan, getting rid of the body, burning down the barn, something like that.

Eleanor's survival would just help Logan's cause. The point of keeping her alive is she will provide an alibi for Logan, he said it himself during the reveal. Killing her is counterproductive, not to mention I don't think Logan is a crazy ass hole like Hoffman, he straight up murdered two people who wronged him, but I think he does genuinely care for people like Eleanor or Keith.

PacnyTuH0 wrote:Someone stabbed Halloran, so it could be that person that drives the car which means he is coming from the barn and we don't know who he is.

I was pretty surprised when some of you guys were bringing this up as a mystery after the film's release, the thought of this being anyone other than Logan never crossed my mind. Being able to go frame by frame in the home release has only cemented my belief. You only get to see the arm of the person injecting Halloran, but it's definitely the sleeve of Logan's shirt, unless his accomplice just happens to be wearing the same clothing. Yes, he got hit in the head with a wrench, I don't think there's anymore to this than he recovered in time to sedate Halloran. Recovering from the single hit with a wrench is way more believable than Amanda's superhuman ability to walk away after being smashed into the wall by Eric.

Also the car is way in the distance, but travelling at a regular speed. Again, the car is the same build as Logan's car.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
41.5%

1 year of membership

Postby PacnyTuH0 » January 14th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Okay, I re-watched some specific scenes related to the barn. There's no evidence that Logan is unconscious once Halloran hit him, so it should be Logan that injects Halloran. "Jigsaw_Expert", you said it is definitely a person wearing the same shirt as Logan, but I find it hard to determine whether it's the exact shirt since that scene is very dark and only a few seconds long.

Regarding the Eleanor/car scene this is what I think. Opposite to my initial beliefs, Eleanor is not scared/confused at all. She sees the car coming and waves at it. The car is not coming from the barn. It comes from the side road that's crossing Eleanor's road. And since she is running away from the barn then the car can't be coming from there.

The car is not Logan's car, since his Range rover's lights are square and LED. It is also not Halloran's car, since it seems more like a pick-up truck that is bigger. So it can't be Logan.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
27%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » January 14th, 2018, 8:31 pm

The cuff of the sleeve is the same and so is the color, that's enough for me to put my faith in Logan. I wouldn't assume it's necessarily the same road to the barn. Eleanor came out of some trees, there's no telling what direction she ran in, it could've been the opposite direction of the road, she could've came out onto some road not even directly linked to the farm road. With the vehicle being so out of focus I could still buy them being Logan's headlights but now you mention it on the earliest frame the back does seem to resemble a pick-up truck.

Whatever the case may be I wouldn't put my odds on the driver being a big reveal like Hoffman or Gordon (please, anyone but Gordon).
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
41.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » January 14th, 2018, 9:35 pm

So, I guess Logan will have to be fast and reach Eleanor before she goes to report the cops about what happened between Halloran and them.

If someone else gave her a ride ( the car scene ), then Logan is fucked up.

I'm curious about what happens now. Logan comes and says "I'm fine, Eleanor". Then he'll have to say what happened and where's Logan and how did he survive.

Maybe Logan will blow up the barn, in order to get rid of evidence. I really think the whole thing was rushed. Will he have enough time to get rid of everything before the cops find the place? I think that's hard to believe.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
34%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » January 14th, 2018, 10:19 pm

If the fire was set off right they wouldn't be able to identify Halloran's body, so they could assume it's just another victim. I'm not an expert on forensics but using dental records to identify him would be out of the question thanks to the laser trap and again, I'm no expert, but I heard they couldn't identify all the victims in the London tower fire because the fire degraded their DNA.

Does Logan really need to clean anything up from the barn? I think his story will just be I got into a fight with Halloran and managed to get away.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
41.5%

1 year of membership

Postby PacnyTuH0 » January 14th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Jigsaw_Expert wrote: With the vehicle being so out of focus I could still buy them being Logan's headlights but now you mention it on the earliest frame the back does seem to resemble a pick-up truck.

Here is a shot of Logan's car as they arrive at the barn:
https://prnt.sc/i0f1ds

This is the car in front of Eleanor:
https://prnt.sc/i0f2fr

The cars are different. Unless there is a third car at the barn that Logan takes, it can't be him.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
27%

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 14th, 2018, 10:58 pm

The only other person I can think of is Keith. If not someone from a previous installment then still probably someone we've already seen and know.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
86.6%

Mood: Left Out

Postby saw in china » January 15th, 2018, 10:45 am

Gordon
saw in china
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Crazy

Postby LukeG » January 15th, 2018, 11:57 am

How can you tell the vehicle is different from Logans?
Can't tell any detail from the provided image. Unless I'm missing something.
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
33.5%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)