Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

There's a "conversation" about a ninth film

Sequel or Prequel?

There's a "conversation" about a ninth film

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » January 16th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Don't dance off the ceiling just yet, it doesn't seem concrete but Bloody Disgusting's Brad is reporting that there's a "conversation" at Twisted Pictures of a ninth film, pretty vague, but at least it's something. Unsurprisingly, Spierg Brothers will not return.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/topnews/34 ... exclusive/
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
43%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: There's a "conversation" about a ninth film

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 16th, 2018, 9:01 pm

How would they pull off bringing Amanda back?
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Depressed

Postby VaCcAr0 » January 16th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:How would they pull off bringing Amanda back?

Bring out the Ouija board
My Favorite Short Horror Films

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Mood: IDGAF

Postby Saw Warrior » January 16th, 2018, 11:05 pm

A guy from Forbes says the producers want to make another movie, but not at a pace of one per year. He also says Tobin Bell and Charlie Clouser will always be back .

Overall, interesting article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lukethomps ... 56afd4127e

It's obvious they'll make another one, but not this year. I mean, Halloween will probably be huge. I doubt we'll be seeing Jigsaw 2 this year with all these new releases going around.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
44%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 17th, 2018, 5:34 pm

I'll say it... I'm really apprehensive about another movie happening. Jigsaw was already somewhat inconsistent in regards to the previous movies, and while I'd love to see characters like Amanda again I'm not sure how well they'd pull off a flashback scene 14 years after the original film (no offense to any of the actors but ageing is a thing that happens, Tobin Bell didn't look 52 to begin with and he certainly looked older in Jigsaw than he did when he was killed off in III, 12 years ago). If they can make it believable, sure, but I'm not entirely sold on the idea right now.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Postby LukeG » January 17th, 2018, 11:05 pm

I think the Amanda comment was just a joke, I love Amanda but there I no good way to shoehorn her in
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 18th, 2018, 12:13 am

I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Postby Piggylover » January 18th, 2018, 12:38 am

I want a ninth , a tenth, and an eleventh film. Hell I want 100 more films, a tv series, a bunch of Saw novels, Saw graphic novels,Saw comic books, and more Saw video games. I want all the SAW media I can get.

One of the reasons I love the Saw franchise is unlike a lot of horror franchises they don't mind using older people instead of the killer and who is after a bunch oft eenagers. Jigsaw is older and his apprentices are older except 3 young people in the public trap and Daniel Matthews in the NG house in Saw 2 everyone else has been older. They aren't afraid to have characters who are overweight, who are addicts, have mental illness, drug dealers, criminals. I absolutely love the grittiness of Saw. I also love that there are no sex scenes and no romance bullshit. I am sick of horror movies with young people screwing and lots of bare tits and bare asses. I hope whoever takes the reins of the Saw franchise never defiles it with that rubbish in new movies.
"Once you're in Hell, only the Devil can help you out."
Piggylover
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
19%

Mood: Dead

Postby Saw Warrior » January 18th, 2018, 1:53 am

I'm, really curious about the name of the next movie.

Saw 6 was the last Saw movie to get a roman numeral. Saw 7 was called Saw 3D and Saw 8 was called Jigsaw.

I guess the next one is gonna be JIIgsaw, because that would be the most reasonable choice.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
44%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 18th, 2018, 2:13 am

Saw Warrior wrote:I guess the next one is gonna be JIIgsaw, because that would be the most reasonable choice.

...I can't decide whether I appreciate or despise that spelling.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)