Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Producers Audio Commentary Spoilers

Sequel or Prequel?

Producers Audio Commentary Spoilers

Postby Sawrules8 » January 25th, 2018, 4:40 am

I'm proud to be the guy again who takes the notes off the commentary tracks and post them to the websites whether it was on HOJ or here now........ Well somebody has too.

Anyways here is a spoiler fill recap from Producers Mark Burg, Oren Koules, and Peter Block from the Jigsaw DVD.

-They filmed this commentary track a week before the initial Oct. 27th release... So they don't have feedback yet or know how the film did.

-SawFreaks.com does get a Shoutout from Oren Koules!!!!!!!!!!

-Josiah Black (Edger Munsen) got the role but did not live in Toronto and he and his wife were married for 2 months and decided to drive to Canada... And he had 2 cars that he owned break down in him on the way there. His original car then a car they bought for 500 bucks that also broke down on they way there.... Sucks to be him.

- They said they wanted the character of Halloran to have more personality than any of the past police procedural characters. Callum Keith Rennie was allowed to ad-lib lines such as... hungry.. or I've got a brother he's an asshole... or I've got an ex wife that punishes me every day. Even Laura Vandervort ad-lib the line good luck Lollypop to Ryan

- they didn't want any of the grimy, green color filter looking from the previous films because they wanted to do something new and refreshing for the franchise.

-A reason for the bucket heads, which are pig feed buckets, is because we don't see the faces, but we see the personalities of the characters first before we see who they are.... Clever.

-The barn area was all filmed in on giant set. Some of the crew had Hay Fever... Which sucks IMO...

-During the bucket head public reveal, there were actually people in the Toronto area that called 911 and thought someone actually committed suicide. So that was scary and they made the police report in the parts that week....... Funny

-they joked about all the missing Puzzle pieces will be revealed in Saw 42.... But James and Leigh came in one day to saw the new puppet and they loved the new Billy Puppet... That was cool.

-Carly knew which needle and was given enough time to make her choice but she didn't take it and that's why she died.

-Cool Easter Egg for previous Saw movies and this one...... All of the tapes that are writing in Black ink were by Jigsaw... All of the ones done in Red were not.... Even Edgers Play me tape was in Red... So you know it's not Jigsaw. So in any of the Saw films if you see Red Writing.... It's not Jigsaw.

-They throw Josh and Pete under the bus on Ryan's leg getting stuck is the only way for them to get into the Silo trap... They said it didn't make sense to them either.

-Pete Goldfinger addition to write for one of Mark Burgs produced comedy shows and that's how he got into contact with the producers.

-they filmed a scene where the Carly look alike body was thrown off the building at the hospital but was cut.

- Hannah Emily Anderson was one of the last actors to be casted and he look was based off an actress from this franchise. There was a scene where she was in a night gown and robe and found the location of the game at the farm... But was cut due to keep suspension on her as the new killer.

-The silo trap was going to be filmed in either with Water or Ants... But went with grain instead.

-Mark Burg Wrote the scene with Halloran and Eleanor because there needed to be a reason for him to suspect her.

-The actress who played the DNA lab tech women that said the blood is John Kramers is actually Dr Oz's real life daughter and they plan on bringing her back in the future..... That's awesome.

-There is a plan to come back to the people on the Jigsaw Rules website in the future sequel..... that's huge.

-Eleanor's workshop is actually an old Soap factory. The Edgar Munsen shootout took place in the warehouse across the road from there.

HUGE DELETED SCENE: so at the warehouse Eleanor was going to trick Logan and place him in the Spirlizer Trap. He was hanging upside down and thought he was going to die but it turned out that the blades were made out of rubber and he was in no real danger. It was Els way of Fucking with him..... Sounds Awesome... But makes sense why it was cut it because if they kept that then the tension on seeing the real Spirlizer wouldn't have worked as well.

-they had to rebuild a lot of the old traps because they auctioned off the originals.

-Hallorans voice is different with the line we're chasing a dead man in the trailer than the movie because it was the last day of filming and he about lost his voice so he ADR it later in Post for the movie to sound better.

-Logan's Daughter is played by Oren Koules Daughter and she was casted because they wrote in a script they needed an 8 year old girl that can pitch well... cute

-They filmed extra scenes with Tobin in the Jigsaw robe watching the Game take place live but cut it because they didn't want to reveal him too soon.

-Stay tuned to find out where Jigsaws body is in a sequel.

-Matt Passmore was hired by Oren Koules based off his work from The Glides.
Praised him as he knows his character almost as well as Tobin does John Kramer.

-EP Dan Heffnier kept track of Tobins Hair style from all the movies so that it can all match up in the Saw Timeline... They go on saying Tobin is still in great shape for 75 and looks the same as he did 10 years ago.

-Mark Burg told the story of Lebron James getting scared at the universal Saw Maze.... Later Stephan Curry admitted to being a Huge Saw Fan that he got Tobin and him to meet at an NBA game.

-They praise Director of Photography Ben Nott and said he could be a top choice to direct a Saw sequel one day..... Interesting.

-Edger Munsen will return in a sequel to reflect more in Logan's Wife murder.

-Keith, Eleanor and Logan will also return.... That's a given

-Who picked up Eleanor will be addressed.

-Finally Josh and Peter wrote a different ending rather than the Laser Trap (which was written by the Spierg Brothers) and maybe they can resist that ending in another sequel.

They them closed out the commentary saying that they will be back for the next one....... So a sequel is almost a garenteed....... When is remained to be seen.

So hope you all enjoy this... I deserve a Coookie after doing all this for you... Im going to Subway.... They have the best fast food cookies.

Discuss your thought below.
Sawrules8
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

The Topic Starter

Re: Producers Audio Commentary Spoilers

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 25th, 2018, 6:16 am

...So essentially we're definitely getting a sequel.

I have to say I disagree about Halloran being the cop with the MOST personality. Maybe I'm just biased towards the characters that I've known and loved for years, but Halloran just came across as arrogant. Even Eric Matthews, who I never liked, had more depth to him than Halloran.

I am interested to know who found Eleanor though. My money is still on Lawrence Gordon.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Depressed

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » January 25th, 2018, 9:57 am

Thanks a lot for typing that out, still waiting for the blu ray to drop in my country so I'm glad I didn't have to wait to find these things out. Some interesting stuff there, Ive believed for a while that they're going to explore the jigsaw cult idea more in a film and it seems like the stuff with the website and Jigsaws body would suggest this. It would be really cool to see Jigsaws body be displayed in the final room of a main game and have it be relevant to the character(s) involved somehow, maybe even have a key in his body or his body used as part of a trap, possibilities are endless and showing his body is a nice way to keep Jigsaw relevant to the new games, he is technically still there in person lol.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
85.4%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » January 25th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Nice work, getting hyped hearing about the stuff they'll be using in the sequel. I'm expecting the fansite users to challenge Logan for betraying Jigsaw's legacy, so much cool stuff they can do with the sequel.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
43%

1 year of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » January 26th, 2018, 12:31 am

Thanks for your efforts. Those are some really cool information, especially the ones about the next film. It's awesome that they want to bring characters like Edgar and Jordan back. Those recurring minor characters were always a big aspect why the series felt so coherent to me. Things like this just make the world of Saw feel a lot more real.

It's also cool to hear a bit more about things they wanted to do but eventually cut them, like the deleted scene in Eleanor's studio. Though, to be honest, I'm glad they deleted it. I think this really might have been WAY too ridiculous for the film, even though it tried to be a funnier and more lighthearted approach to the series.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

1 year of membership

Postby sawguy77 » January 26th, 2018, 6:57 pm

I told you guy's a hundred times we are getting a sequel and nobody listened lol. I became good friends with some of the top people in the franchise during filming and even though i am not working on the next one i still hear thing's. I really can't wait to hear the commentary.. I'm really glad they told the story about the buckethead reveal. that was absolutely hilarious.. I can't remember exactly but i think it was train passengers going by or something. And the hay fever thing was true.. People were complaining a lot about how it was hard to breathe. That barn set was amazing. Everyday it looked different cuz they would blow out walls or move them around to look like a different place etc.. it was a huge set..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 26th, 2018, 9:04 pm

sawguy77 wrote:I told you guy's a hundred times we are getting a sequel and nobody listened lol. I became good friends with some of the top people in the franchise during filming and even though i am not working on the next one i still hear thing's. I really can't wait to hear the commentary.. I'm really glad they told the story about the buckethead reveal. that was absolutely hilarious.. I can't remember exactly but i think it was train passengers going by or something. And the hay fever thing was true.. People were complaining a lot about how it was hard to breathe. That barn set was amazing. Everyday it looked different cuz they would blow out walls or move them around to look like a different place etc.. it was a huge set..

sawguy77 if I may ask, what exactly was your role in the production of Jigsaw? Apologies if it's been said elsewhere or if you don't feel comfortable telling.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Postby sawguy77 » January 26th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:
sawguy77 wrote:I told you guy's a hundred times we are getting a sequel and nobody listened lol. I became good friends with some of the top people in the franchise during filming and even though i am not working on the next one i still hear thing's. I really can't wait to hear the commentary.. I'm really glad they told the story about the buckethead reveal. that was absolutely hilarious.. I can't remember exactly but i think it was train passengers going by or something. And the hay fever thing was true.. People were complaining a lot about how it was hard to breathe. That barn set was amazing. Everyday it looked different cuz they would blow out walls or move them around to look like a different place etc.. it was a huge set..

sawguy77 if I may ask, what exactly was your role in the production of Jigsaw? Apologies if it's been said elsewhere or if you don't feel comfortable telling.

I worked in locations dept, but my role was a bit larger due to something i can't really say, but basically i was in the office and set for the entire studio shoot.. I don't really care who knows now. I never leaked anything and the movie is out on bluray now. I even posted my youtube channel on here at some point..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 26th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Nice! That's really interesting.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Postby Sawrules8 » February 21st, 2018, 11:27 pm

Also did anybody go back and check on that red ink writing clue from other movies I’m rewarching the movies again and the producers said that John Kramer always writes his notes that say play me in black ink and the red ink was one of the apprentices Ik 3D is the most obvious when Hoffman wrote the SURVIVE acronym on the walls. We’re there any other times?
Sawrules8
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

The Topic Starter

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)