Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Someone has got to be aiding Nelson

Sequel or Prequel?

Someone has got to be aiding Nelson

Postby LukeG » January 30th, 2018, 7:09 am

The time frame from him and Elenore in the studio, to Edgar being kidnaped (neck slit, and buried) is too close to each other. The look Edgar gives his kidnapper is curious as well. Plus I don't feel Logan would off the murderer of his wife in such a non-jigsaw way (sounds like the Hoff). And if anyone knew the whereabouts of the bathroom it would be Logan .

Any hunches other than Hoffman as to who could be helping? Would be pretty lame if someone we've yet to meet.
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: Someone has got to be aiding Nelson

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 30th, 2018, 9:05 am

I wouldn't put it past them to make it someone we haven't met yet. I doubt it would be Hoffman, since he made it very clear he much prefers working alone and it seems unlikely that he'd go through all that just to become Logan's lapdog.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Depressed

Postby Saw Warrior » January 30th, 2018, 3:51 pm

So, what was exactly Edgar's game? I don't get it.

What did he have to do, in order to survive? He just says he doesn't want to die and then activates the trigger and gets shot by the cops and Logan.

He stays alive for half of the movie and then gets kidnapped and killed. Logan explains what he did, but Edgar's game is confusing.

Did he get drugged and then woke up to listen the tape? What if he had ignored the tape? The whole thing is confusing. What if he had been shot by the cops in the head or anything like that?

Why was Edgar killed? Where and when did he fail his game?
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
44%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 30th, 2018, 6:36 pm

I was expecting to find out he'd been poisoned and had to go along with the game to get the antidote, like Zep. Guess not though.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Depressed

Postby LukeG » January 30th, 2018, 8:54 pm

I feel like he was abducted and poisoned
Woke up w/ tape and told to go to X before a certain time
Lure Hollaran to the scene by X time
Trigger barn game for his antidote.

We didn't get his whole tape, which I'm sure had more dets.
Also in the DVD commentary they mentioned wanting to use Edgar in future installments. So I'm sure we will get some form of answers to what actually happened
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby evanmav » January 30th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Something weird is going on with Edgar and I don't really understand it either. Seemed like he was just a pawn, but I did rewatch Jigsaw the other day and remembered something interesting.

Halloran does state that Edgar doesn't actually pull the trigger. If you watch the scene closely, it looks like there are sort of two triggers on the machine Edgar is holding, and one is in red but he doesn't press that one down. So maybe Edgar failed his mission, but then the 2nd game wouldn't have started if he didn't actually trigger the games so I'm not sure.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
88%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » January 30th, 2018, 11:55 pm

We never heard Edgar's full tape. Maybe there was some sort of twisted wording and actually, Edgar had to spare the lives of the five people involved in the other game in order to save himself. Something similar happened in the Shotgun scene: Anna thought that she had to kill Ryan in order to save herself but in fact, she had to do the opposite.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » January 31st, 2018, 12:09 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:We never heard Edgar's full tape. Maybe there was some sort of twisted wording and actually, Edgar had to spare the lives of the five people involved in the other game in order to save himself. Something similar happened in the Shotgun scene: Anna thought that she had to kill Ryan in order to save herself but in fact, she had to do the opposite.

If Edgar hadn't pressed the button, then the game ( not the one we're watching, but the other with the victims that were chosen by Logan ) wouldn't have started.

Unless the device was fake and didn't start anything, and Logan already had "tested" ( killed ) the victims that were found around the city.

So far, that part wasn't well written. Edgar's game ( if we can call it a game ) is badly developed.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
44%

1 year of membership

Postby LukeG » January 31st, 2018, 2:44 am

The fact that the producers want to use him later on, I'm hoping we get a more thought out game that makes sense for him.

What would be really sweet is if no one killed him but when he was abducted was put in a trap and died bc of it and later put in the casket. That's our opening trap in Jigsaw 2.
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby LukeG » January 31st, 2018, 2:45 am

I really hope someone up the ladder sees that ^ comment and runs with it for part 2/9
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

The Topic Starter

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)