Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Someone has got to be aiding Nelson

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Someone has got to be aiding Nelson

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 31st, 2018, 1:36 pm

I do feel like the coffin thing was poorly executed. The only reason I'm looking forward to another movie is so they can clear up things like this.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
86.6%

Mood: Left Out

Postby Saw Warrior » January 31st, 2018, 3:26 pm

Yeah, Edgar's plot is definitely convoluted.

I mean, was he even necessary at all? Logan would still "test" some criminals and their bodies would still have been found around the city.

Logan didn't need to change the bullets to frame Halloran. He still could do what he did, by putting the puzzle pieces to be found by Keith at Halloran's home.

Then there's the trigger that Edgar pushed. Was that even real at all? It was made to trick the cops ( into thinking it could be some kind of explosive ) and trick us into thinking it was activating the barn game. However, it was made by Jigsaw and he had no trigger at all. I guess it was fake, and Logan didn't even need that to test other victims.

We also have the Jigsaw's body issue. Logan didn't need to replace the body with Edgar's body at all. Just stealing Jigsaw's corpse would be more than enough to make a point.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
34%

Postby Faerie Tanith » February 1st, 2018, 10:07 am

Which still makes little sense to me. I know we're apparently going to find this out in a sequel, but what's the point in stealing a 10 year decayed corpse... is Logan just trying to be edgy?
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
86.6%

Postby LukeG » February 1st, 2018, 11:02 pm

If not Hoffman . Another cool route would be it be the mystery dudes at the end of 7, since 7 is still Canon, We still don know who those peeps are
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
33.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Faerie Tanith » February 2nd, 2018, 12:26 am

Those two were (supposedly) Brad and Ryan from the love triangle trap.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
86.6%

Postby LukeG » February 2nd, 2018, 12:33 am

In the commentary when they thought it was the last saw, could be anyone now
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
33.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Albert-Wesker » February 2nd, 2018, 2:19 am

I hope one of them is Logan, as it would connect him at least a bit with the older movies.
If they go this route, they could also have Gordon being on his site and helping him. I know that many people do not like the ending of Saw 7, but I always wanted to see Gordon as Jigsaw and think he could be awesome in that role. I was really disappointed when he wasn't in Jigsaw as I always thought that he would be the villain if Saw 8 was made.
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
35%

Mood: Cool

Postby LukeG » February 2nd, 2018, 5:45 am

To my knowledge Cary Elwes wants to distance himself from the franchise, so if he ever does come back it will be a small bit part. But who knows
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
33.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Faerie Tanith » February 2nd, 2018, 4:10 pm

LukeG wrote:In the commentary when they thought it was the last saw, could be anyone now

Another reason why all this retcon is getting on my nerves :/

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
86.6%

Postby Albert-Wesker » February 3rd, 2018, 2:45 am

Well, the pig masks are a retcon I would actually welcome. Brad and Ryan were useless and boring characters anyway and basically anyone would be a more interesting choice.

They probably just picked someone for the commentary to explain to two pig masks.
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
35%

Mood: Cool

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)