Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Saw 9 is being developed and set up

Sequel or Prequel?

Saw 9 is being developed and set up

Postby YasserSaw » February 3rd, 2018, 3:22 am

According to Bloody disgusting , Peter Spierig in an interview said that they set up the next movie of Saw and talked about a lot of things and ideas that could come up with the next installment and talking about questions that weren't answered in Jigsaw that need to be clarified for the audience even though they wouldn't be involved in the next one as directors .

Source : http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3481 ... aw-sequel/
YasserSaw
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
10%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Saw 9 is being developed and set up

Postby evanmav » February 3rd, 2018, 5:05 am

Interesting, nothing super major in there but I'm confused by the last paragraph. Does he mean that they were almost hired on the sequel, but they opted out? Sounds like they definitely wanna get out of the horror space probably after Winchester seems to be doing horribly. I personally liked their directing in Jigsaw and wanted to see them come back. I'm wondering who they've taken a look at hiring.

Personally I'd like to see someone involved in the franchise already to take over directing. It's not easy directing the 9th movie in a series and I'd like for someone who has a deep history to take it over. My top picks would definitely be Darren or Kevin, or James but that seems impossible.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Re: Saw 9 is being developed and set up

Postby Allycat » March 10th, 2018, 4:07 am

Oh James would be amazing. Darren would be my other top choice!
Team Hoffman

Allycat
SAW Expert

Rank experience:
27.6%

Mood: Breezy

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)