Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Incredibly Annoyed At This Film.. Lies and more Lies.

Sequel or Prequel?

Incredibly Annoyed At This Film.. Lies and more Lies.

Postby freespirit777 » February 21st, 2018, 7:52 am

Watching the special features and i'm just so mad at how much potential Jigsaw had that wasn't lived up to..

It really annoys me that the producers over and over said they were trying to "recreate the feeling of Saw 1", when they deliberately didn't do that..

If they wanted to recreate the feeling of the first Saw, they would have a film centered on two characters, focus heavy on character development and simplicity..

Instead this film felt exactly like a sequel with just a completely new cast; it felt like just another sequel.

I already stated this, but just a few tweaks to the script and they could've truly had a film that was like Saw 1; by making the shotgun trap what the bathroom trap was in Saw 1..

it was a perfect scenario; interesting two characters who have lots of depth and intrigue, interesting personalities etc.. that could've EASILY been the "bathroom trap" for this movie.

They were so close, and completely dropped the ball on this one..

it's all lies when the producers say they wanted to "recreate Saw One", because they more so mirrored the sequels by far.

I hate lies and flattery, and that's all the producers did and that does no good in the long run.

I honestly could've come up with a better script than this film; supposedly going through "hundreds of scripts" and wanting to "recreate Saw 1" was a total lie.
freespirit777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
37%

The Topic Starter

Re: Incredibly Annoyed At This Film.. Lies and more Lies.

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » February 21st, 2018, 8:39 am

I guess we got it by now. Long story short, you feel personally insulted because you didn't like a goddamn movie. Noone has to like it, not at all, but this "THEY WERE ALL LYING!!!"-rampage is downright ridiculous and it already was months ago.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » February 21st, 2018, 9:34 pm

Lies? That's a bit strong.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Mellow

Postby manyofhorror » February 21st, 2018, 10:50 pm

Listen man, everyone has their right to be underwhelmed with what we got last year, I agree with a few of the points youve said here about the movie itself but calling the producers 'liars' is pointless. What are they gonna do, straight up say the twist is a rehash of Saw 1 and 2 and the new villain is a copy of Hoffmans arc in 5?
manyofhorror
Victim

Rank experience:
56%

Mood: Blah

Postby sawguy77 » February 22nd, 2018, 10:56 pm

:ooo:
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Kitty » February 26th, 2018, 8:54 pm

sawguy77 wrote: :ooo:

That's what I thought.
SAW! SAW II! SAW III! SAW IV! SAW V! SAW VI! SAW 3D! and JIGSAW!

I finally found Billy - 29/04/2013 & X on 19/10/2013!
I found Billy again - 03/01/2014!
http://twitter.com/Kitty1Lin
Team Jigsaw
Kitty

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby Albert-Wesker » February 27th, 2018, 3:26 am

Haven't you posted that post about 3 times already? Anyway, the movie was nothing like Saw 1, but maybe they meant a simpler plot and less violent traps with that.
The only thing I really wished for was a darker, more horror like atmosphere. That was completely missed
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
40%

1 year of membership

Mood: Cool

Postby manyofhorror » February 27th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Albert-Wesker wrote:Anyway, the movie was nothing like Saw 1, but maybe they meant a simpler plot and less violent traps with that.

My thoughts exactly when they bring up that, were never going to get a bathroom-esque scenario again in the Saw branding. There are plenty out there like Fermats Room, Killing Room and Exam, so if you lust for something like that then watch those and let Saw be Saw.
manyofhorror
Victim

Rank experience:
56%

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » February 28th, 2018, 1:00 am

'Would you rather' is another movie I'd suggest that mostly takes place in one room.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
85.4%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby manyofhorror » February 28th, 2018, 11:44 am

IKnowWhoYouAre wrote:'Would you rather' is another movie I'd suggest that mostly takes place in one room.

Love Would You Rather so much. Wish I kept a list of all the ones I watched way back when, loads have left my mind
manyofhorror
Victim

Rank experience:
56%

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)