Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Opening Sequence Question..

Sequel or Prequel?

Opening Sequence Question..

Postby freespirit777 » March 1st, 2018, 10:22 pm

In the opening scene of the movie, Edgar found a remote on the rooftop of the building..

we were led to believe that by pressing the button, it begun the trap with the helmets, which obviously took place 10 years ago as one of Johns first traps..

What was that remote for? Did the button do anything? i only saw the film once, and may have missed something..
User avatar
freespirit777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
37%
 
The Topic Starter
Posts: 37
Points: 145.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » March 1st, 2018, 10:56 pm

The switch triggered Logan's recreation of the barn game. The bodies the police were finding throughout the movie were killed in Logan's rendition of the barn.
User avatar
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
43%
 
1 year of membership
 
Posts: 186
Points: 435.00
Gender: Male

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Faerie Tanith » March 3rd, 2018, 10:05 pm

I just assumed it didn't actually do anything. Edgar just heard the instructions but he wouldn't have been anywhere near enough to the game to know whether or not anything happened and since he was so panicked he probably wouldn't have questioned it.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
User avatar
Faerie Tanith
Moderator
Moderator

 
1 year of membership
 
Posts: 1937
Points: 2,370.00
Location: Somewhere scary
Gender: Female
Mood: Depressed

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Allycat » March 11th, 2018, 6:57 am

Faerie Tanith wrote:I just assumed it didn't actually do anything. Edgar just heard the instructions but he wouldn't have been anywhere near enough to the game to know whether or not anything happened and since he was so panicked he probably wouldn't have questioned it.


I agree!
Team Hoffman

Image
User avatar
Allycat
SAW Expert

Rank experience:
20.6%
 
Posts: 5206
Points: 5,152.00
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Gender: Female
Mood: Dead

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby manyofhorror » March 12th, 2018, 3:14 pm

The more I think about it the more it seems just like a random plot device so Logan could straight up murder him xD Love me some vengeance but it has to be done via a test, as proved in Saw 6
User avatar
manyofhorror
Victim

Rank experience:
56%
 
Posts: 212
Points: 425.00
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Mood: Blah

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Allycat » March 13th, 2018, 2:53 am

manyofhorror wrote:The more I think about it the more it seems just like a random plot device so Logan could straight up murder him xD Love me some vengeance but it has to be done via a test, as proved in Saw 6


Agreed. So who is going to teach Logan a lesson?!
Team Hoffman

Image
User avatar
Allycat
SAW Expert

Rank experience:
20.6%
 
Posts: 5206
Points: 5,152.00
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Gender: Female
Mood: Dead

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Faerie Tanith » March 14th, 2018, 3:11 am

Allycat wrote:
manyofhorror wrote:The more I think about it the more it seems just like a random plot device so Logan could straight up murder him xD Love me some vengeance but it has to be done via a test, as proved in Saw 6


Agreed. So who is going to teach Logan a lesson?!

I am.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
User avatar
Faerie Tanith
Moderator
Moderator

 
1 year of membership
 
Posts: 1937
Points: 2,370.00
Location: Somewhere scary
Gender: Female
Mood: Depressed

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Allycat » March 14th, 2018, 6:04 am

Faerie Tanith wrote:
Allycat wrote:
manyofhorror wrote:The more I think about it the more it seems just like a random plot device so Logan could straight up murder him xD Love me some vengeance but it has to be done via a test, as proved in Saw 6


Agreed. So who is going to teach Logan a lesson?!

I am.


Ohh :D
Team Hoffman

Image
User avatar
Allycat
SAW Expert

Rank experience:
20.6%
 
Posts: 5206
Points: 5,152.00
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Gender: Female
Mood: Dead

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Faerie Tanith » March 29th, 2018, 9:44 am

Unless you'd like the honour!
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
User avatar
Faerie Tanith
Moderator
Moderator

 
1 year of membership
 
Posts: 1937
Points: 2,370.00
Location: Somewhere scary
Gender: Female
Mood: Depressed

Re: Opening Sequence Question..

Postby Allycat » April 9th, 2018, 2:40 pm

There's a few things I'd like to do to him lol
Team Hoffman

Image
User avatar
Allycat
SAW Expert

Rank experience:
20.6%
 
Posts: 5206
Points: 5,152.00
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Gender: Female
Mood: Dead

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests