Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Is Lionsgate going to Comic-Con this year?

Sequel or Prequel?

Is Lionsgate going to Comic-Con this year?

Postby Saw Warrior » July 16th, 2018, 4:57 am

I'm just curious. Perhaps there's a small, tiny chance we might get some news about Jigsaw 2.

Wasn't Jigsaw confirmed on 2016 Comic-Con for a 2017 release? So perhaps we could get a Jigsaw 2 confirmation on 2018 Comic-Con for a 2019 release.

Let's hope something happens. I know Jigsaw 2 is probably happening (someone even asked Oren Koules on twitter and he said we wouldn't be disappointed ), but a reveal is a reveal and I can't wait to see it happening.

Thoughts
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
58.5%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Is Lionsgate going to Comic-Con this year?

Postby Vinc360 » July 17th, 2018, 1:36 am

Nope, we will not get a confirmation of Jigsaw 2 this year. Maybe next year, if they go through with it and shoot it. For now, they still need to agree on a story (or rather, they need to develop their story idea and agree to produce the fully realized script based on that idea) and make sure some key people are all available.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
26.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 17th, 2018, 3:49 am

Vinc360 wrote:Nope, we will not get a confirmation of Jigsaw 2 this year. Maybe next year, if they go through with it and shoot it. For now, they still need to agree on a story (or rather, they need to develop their story idea and agree to produce the fully realized script based on that idea) and make sure some key people are all available.

Ahh, that's unfortunate but it's understandable. I mean, they're probably taking their time with a better script and a better execution ( Jigsaw was very predictable in that regard ).

I thought Lionsgate would be coming to Comic-Con to present some movies. It seems they have Hell Fest coming this year. So I guess it could be the perfect opportunity to tease fans with aother Saw movie.

Anyway, can we still hope for a 2019 release for Jigsaw 2 ( or Saw IX ) ? 3 years after Jigsaw ( 2017 ) would be a lot of time, even for a Jigsaw movie.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
58.5%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » July 18th, 2018, 11:33 pm

I think October 2019 for Jigsaw 2 is highly likely yep, and I guess to nacktrack a little it's possible we hear aknowledgement that the movie exists once production begins (maybe this year), but to clarify, I just don't expect a real announcement with any marketing materials until SDCC 2019. Also worth noting that it may not happen next year, but I know for a fact that is the target, and that they really, really want to do it.

And now for an educated guess, but still wild speculation: I think it'll be called Saw: *Subtitle* and not Jigsaw 2. And that the marketing will more obviously use classic Saw iconography than Jigsaw did.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
26.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 19th, 2018, 3:37 am

I get what you're saying and it makes sense. I was still hoping to see just a confirmation or any comment about the movie happening. There's no need to show anything, just say. XD

Calling it Saw again would be confusing...I don't know what to say about another movie getting called Saw again...
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
58.5%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 21st, 2018, 10:32 pm

I wish LFCC would get this stuff
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Annoyed

Postby Vinc360 » July 25th, 2018, 2:36 am

Saw Warrior wrote:I get what you're saying and it makes sense. I was still hoping to see just a confirmation or any comment about the movie happening. There's no need to show anything, just say. XD

Calling it Saw again would be confusing...I don't know what to say about another movie getting called Saw again...

Well, if it were to happen this year, I look to August 9 as your best shot since Lionsgate is set to have an investors call IIRC.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
26.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 25th, 2018, 3:33 am

Vinc360 wrote:
Saw Warrior wrote:I get what you're saying and it makes sense. I was still hoping to see just a confirmation or any comment about the movie happening. There's no need to show anything, just say. XD

Well, if it were to happen this year, I look to August 9 as your best shot since Lionsgate is set to have an investors call IIRC.

Interesting! I hope you're right and they reveal something. If not, then no big deal. :)

"Saw 9" being released in 2019 would be fitting.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
58.5%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)