Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Sequel or Prequel?

The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Postby Vinc360 » August 29th, 2018, 3:27 am

So as some of you may have seen over the last couple of years, I've reported progress on Legacy / Jigsaw fairly accurately through sheer research and tips from well-connected folks.

These sources of info have only increased over the years, and now spilled over into information about the next movie in the series.

After poking around a bit lately, since I'd heard they were initially planning to start shooting in Sept or October of this year, I've unfortunately heard today that the project may have been put on ice indefinitely.

I don't have much else in the way of details, and am hoping the lack of news is just a misunderstanding, but what I'm hearing today is that while plans were very much in motion up until recently, things have now stalled and the existence of another movie is now in doubt.

While I do expect the series to rev up again at some point, I'm no longer certain we'll get another chapter next year. Just thought I'd share my findings with you fine folks.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
14%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Postby Saw Warrior » August 29th, 2018, 4:00 am

Hopefully not. I want to know what happens next! XD

I guess they're still trying to come with a good plot. The previous movie gave us another apprentice and it's obvious that a possible new movie will have to explain a lot about past events.

Let's wait a little more before saying it's over. By the way, didn't Oren Koules told you to wait, because you wouldn't be disappointed?
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
52%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » August 29th, 2018, 6:50 pm

Yeah I don't personally expect it to get outright cancelled, it just currently looks a little more unlikely that it'll hit next October to me.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
14%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby Saw Warrior » August 29th, 2018, 9:04 pm

I'm pretty sure that we'll get a surprise soon, hopefully.

Jigsaw was a box office sucess, so there's no reason to cancel or put a sequel on ice. I think we should give time to time and wait for news.

The lack of news doesn't mean we won't be getting another one. When timing is right, the crew will come and confirm it. There are contracts and a ton on behind the scenes details, that maybe it's hard to get everything ready to go, so fast.

Actors might be working in other stuff and so on.

That being said, I want at least one more movie to close Logan's story. When and if it gets confirmed, then we'll see if another movie is necessary or not.

Don't lose your hope. I'm not losing it, for sure. :)
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
52%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » August 29th, 2018, 11:16 pm

I'm sure it won't be cancelled outright, but I do know a sequel was in active development, and that this development was put on hold for the time being. I'm not sure why that is, it could simply be that they're waiting for everyone's schedule to allign, but someone I know who I trust tells me there's been no movement in the last several weeks, and that the movie should not currently be considered to be in active development, as things are currently at a standstill. This is a change of tone from the "active development is underway, a script is being worked on, and they're aiming to shoot late this year or early next year for release in October 2019" things I was hearing prior to this.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
14%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby ToBENbell » August 29th, 2018, 11:24 pm

I wish someone official would explain why it's hold :( I really want to see the story continue I loved Jigsaw!
ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
36%

Postby Faerie Tanith » August 30th, 2018, 1:00 pm

I'd much rather it was done well than done quickly. So whatever gets us a better movie.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Yeehaw

Postby Vinc360 » August 31st, 2018, 4:33 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:I'd much rather it was done well than done quickly. So whatever gets us a better movie.

You and I both! It's awesome to see them care about quality. That's how franchises last and they seem to be well aware of that.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
14%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby ToBENbell » August 31st, 2018, 10:35 pm

I also agree but I wish they would confirm what the hold up is... maybe saw guy could appear and give us some info ;-)
ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
36%

Postby evanmav » September 1st, 2018, 4:47 am

Very sad news if true, but I'm not extremely shocked since there's basically been no information at all about a sequel besides a few stories here and there.

Also it seemed like there were issues getting the script in order/getting a director. I'm hopeful that they can work through whatever issues and get the film back on track. Horror is extremely in right now and the next Halloween movie is getting such hype, I think Saw can come back strong, it just needs to be marketed correctly, unlike how Jigsaw was marketed.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

1 year of membership

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)