Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Postby evanmav » January 7th, 2019, 5:14 am

I'm assuming it would probably be a "sequel" to the original SAW and would ignored SAW II-Jigsaw, kind of like the most recent Halloween just did. If that's the case I would be pretty upset, but it would make sense because then you could ignore all the apprentice stuff and Jigsaw being dead.

They should just do an interquel that is set between Saw and Saw II. But altering or trying to ignore what happened in the past Saw movies seems like a mistake to me.
evanmav
Victim

Rank experience:
3.5%

1 year of membership

Postby ColeSmith777 » January 7th, 2019, 7:13 am

ugh I don't like this at all

Is there any more info regarding this retcon?
These politicians, they say the same thing over and over and over again; "Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government." Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or by the government. They're made by the insurance companies.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
74%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby ToBENbell » January 7th, 2019, 9:53 am

I don’t like that idea at all... many of the Halloween films were shit and there were remakes so made sense to ignore many of them but the saws are awesome and all fit together for a reason... why can’t they just show large amounts of jigsaw in the past? I’d be happy with that...
ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
51%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 7th, 2019, 11:51 am

I'd honestly hate that. :/
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Annoyed

Postby PacnyTuH0 » January 7th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Personally I have no problem with retconning the whole story and character of Logan. For me it messed up the whole Saw universe and it was obvious they ran out of ideas of how to tie things together. I'm fine with him being left out of it. This would obviously include the barn game as well.

Same goes for Dr. Gordon. For me, his story was done in the original movie and him becoming an apprentice was again a result of the producers being short on time and running out of ideas.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
28%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » January 7th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Retcons are a rule in Saw universe.

Adam's death is one of the several retcons. In Saw 2, you can see his body ( meaning he died after rooting in the bathroom for a long time ). However in Saw 3, that's not what happened. Amanda was the one who killed Adam.

Saw 4 did retcon some Saw 3 events. Hoffman helping Amanda to put Kerry in the trap.

Several retcons were made to include Hoffman in events that happened in Saw 1, Saw 2 and Saw 3. They even went so far, putting the pendulum trap happening before the first movie.

Let's not pretend retcons are new.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
65%

1 year of membership

Postby LukeG » January 7th, 2019, 8:48 pm

They really could do a solid prequel full of Tobin. The saw traps we saw from 7 when did they happen, how much took place between saw 4 with Cecil and saw1. That would be a perfect time for this movie
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
37.5%

1 year of membership

Postby ColeSmith777 » January 7th, 2019, 11:09 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:Retcons are a rule in Saw universe.

Adam's death is one of the several retcons. In Saw 2, you can see his body ( meaning he died after rooting in the bathroom for a long time ). However in Saw 3, that's not what happened. Amanda was the one who killed Adam.

Saw 4 did retcon some Saw 3 events. Hoffman helping Amanda to put Kerry in the trap.

Several retcons were made to include Hoffman in events that happened in Saw 1, Saw 2 and Saw 3. They even went so far, putting the pendulum trap happening before the first movie.

Let's not pretend retcons are new.

Sure, these retcons I expect with every Saw film. I guess we’re all pretty quickly jumping to the conclusion that Vinc360 might mean they’re gonna ignore movies completely, but that’s cause we all think that’s a bad idea
These politicians, they say the same thing over and over and over again; "Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government." Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or by the government. They're made by the insurance companies.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
74%

Postby Vinc360 » January 8th, 2019, 12:15 am

I think you can retcon stuff and justify it. I have some idea of how they can and might do it, but it's sure to piss off some. But if it brings back the series to a simpler time, I'm all for it.

They have this Jigsaw obsessed character in Eleanor. What if they reveal within the movie that she'd been spreading lies / stories about John Kramer online (i.e. the events of Saw IV-Jigsaw). And what if that now sprung up concerns that another Jigsaw-obsessed person online knows those were lies and wants to expose her after she foolishly involved herself in her fake stories and could be traced (i.e events of Jigsaw)? What if he therefore puts her in a game? And what if that person believes Jigsaw is alive and turns out to be correct? Eleanor is a mortician, it makes sense that she would write up and fake a story about John's autopsy.

Hell, a cool way to expose her would be to ask her to kill Jigsaw herself, if she believes him to be dead. But then again, if Jigsaw is alive, where the hell is he and why is he presumed dead?

I got plenty of ideas of how it could work personally, but I don't know how much the fanbase or audience are willing to accept to fix the corner the series wrote itself into.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
40%

The Topic Starter

Postby ColeSmith777 » January 8th, 2019, 2:10 pm

I can't imagine how much retconning John Kramer back to life would piss off Leigh Whannell. Countless times he has stated how important it was to kill John off when he did.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
74%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)