Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Postby Vinc360 » January 21st, 2019, 9:53 pm

Ah, so it might be 2020 after all, y'all. Looks like they may only start shooting later this year. Lionsgate would like to have it this year though, and would like yearly installments again. But Twisted wants to take their time in production and believe it really helped them for Jigsaw. Seems like we'll get an actual official announcement either way in February, but don't quote me on that.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby evanmav » January 22nd, 2019, 5:10 am

Interesting that Lionsgate is trying for 2019, but twisted wants 2020. If they're going to get a director soon and the script is complete, I think they should try and release it in 2019. I'm just worried about it facing Halloween 2 in 2020. Plus I think it could really try and piggy back off of IT Chapter II this fall. I also don't think it's a good idea to have too much time between Jigsaw and the next sequel.

But at the same time I think they need to market the shizzz out of this movie if they want it to succeed which will take time to build up buzz. I'm conflicted, but either way it's good news that things are moving in a good direction.
evanmav
Victim

Rank experience:
5%

1 year of membership

Postby ToBENbell » January 22nd, 2019, 10:12 am

ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
55%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » January 22nd, 2019, 12:47 pm

Dario Argento directing a Saw movie would be nuts, but I don't think it's happening. I don't know.

Besides, the bloodydisgusting article says that the title originally chosen for the film was one that he did not approve of, so it currently does not have a title. Not sure if it's a Saw movie.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
67%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » January 22nd, 2019, 2:05 pm

Yeah that ain't happening. I'm sure we'll hear about the real director soon.

I am also told if production were to start by May, they would need to have done certain things to gear up for it by now, and I have it on good authority that those things are not done yet. Don't expect this year. That said, kI personally suspect there is a chance it won't come out at Halloween 2020 either.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

The Topic Starter

Postby sawguy77 » January 23rd, 2019, 4:25 am

Vinc360 wrote:Ah, so it might be 2020 after all, y'all. Looks like they may only start shooting later this year. Lionsgate would like to have it this year though, and would like yearly installments again. But Twisted wants to take their time in production and believe it really helped them for Jigsaw. Seems like we'll get an actual official announcement either way in February, but don't quote me on that.

i can almost guarentee it will not male 2019. we shot jigsaw in october 2016 and even then it was tight.. to be already in feb almost, not shot a single frame and have it release this year is nuts.. 2020 seems more likely. same time frame as jigsaw.. october shoot etc..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

Postby Vinc360 » January 23rd, 2019, 2:08 pm

For sure, though 2019 could totally be possible if they started shooting by April. That was how the other 6 sequels were made, but it indeed sounds like production enjoyed the extra time they had with Jigsaw
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

The Topic Starter

Postby Sawrules8 » January 24th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Are they perhaps considering a January 2020 release?
Sawrules8
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
30%

1 year of membership

Postby evanmav » January 24th, 2019, 11:22 pm

That is interesting....that they could be looking at dates other than Halloween. I'm guessing they would try for late January/February as those are usually the dead months when Horror films premiere. Escape room and Insidious Last Key saw good successes with their runs in January.

Just would feel weird not seeing Saw on Halloween....but at the same time I don't want to wait a full two years almost if it was going to wait until Oct 2020.
evanmav
Victim

Rank experience:
5%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » January 25th, 2019, 12:28 am

Yep, if not Halloween Jan 2020 would be my personal guess.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
51%

The Topic Starter

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)