Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The next movie in the franchise

Sequel or Prequel?

The next movie in the franchise

Postby Hello_Jigsaw » December 4th, 2018, 12:00 am

Hello guys,
long time no see.

Small update for you (for credentials please check my post history):
- they defnitely want to continue with the franchise and they want to do it as fast as possible
- there are numerous options considered right now, nothing is yet set in stone regarding both script and directing
- they would prefer to have as much Kramer in it as possible, while avoiding the script being remake or direct continuation of Saw or Jigsaw, figuring this out is the main issue that is halting things now (basically, all parties involved need to agree)
- in Q1 2019 (preferably even early Q1) you will get the information you are waiting for
Hello_Jigsaw
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
6%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: The next movie in the franchise

Postby Vinc360 » December 5th, 2018, 3:06 am

Indeed. I also heard they would like to figure out how to bring back some characters introduced in Jigsaw, but nobody felt the Logan character in particular was a good addition for the franchise's longevity.

I fully expect an interquel of sorts.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
26.5%

1 year of membership

Postby evanmav » December 5th, 2018, 3:26 am

Excited to hopefully hear some news soon! Also hoping they are able to come out with a film in 2019 but as long as they don't have to rush! I'm curious what characters they'd want to take from Jigsaw if it's not Logan.

I actually liked Logan so I'd like to see him continue. I'm guessing they want Eleanor in the next one if they're going to take someone from Jigsaw.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
99%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » December 5th, 2018, 3:51 am

evanmav wrote:Excited to hopefully hear some news soon! Also hoping they are able to come out with a film in 2019 but as long as they don't have to rush! I'm curious what characters they'd want to take from Jigsaw if it's not Logan.

I actually liked Logan so I'd like to see him continue. I'm guessing they want Eleanor in the next one if they're going to take someone from Jigsaw.

I don't think it'd be a huge priority to bring anyone back if it doesn't work story wise, but yes I did hear they loved Hannah.

Then again they loved working with Matt too, they just realized the Logan character didn't really work. I don't dosagree woth them.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
26.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Sawrules8 » December 5th, 2018, 7:59 am

Even if they think The Logan character didn't work..... They can still make it work.

This guy has a backstory worth exploring. In my pitch in another thread I think the plot of the next movie is who SHOULD take over Johns work.

Why not make it a a game where Jigsaw set up for anyone out there the wishes to take on the mantel of Jigsaw step up and face his test and if they win they receive his life's work.

Thus way we get a backstory on Logan on whether his is worthy or talented to take on his work...... As well is Eleanor.
Sawrules8
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
28%

1 year of membership

Postby nineroses » December 6th, 2018, 3:16 am

Vinc360 wrote:I fully expect an interquel of sorts.

This is what I find myself expecting as well....I hope they find a way to focus on John more than anything tbh. In the sequels I always find his scenes the most interesting (a difficult feat getting killed on 3 movies in), especially in Jigsaw.
nineroses
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
19%

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)