Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The next movie in the franchise

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: The next movie in the franchise

Postby Tais Hoffman » January 5th, 2019, 8:01 am

Sawrules8 wrote:Even if they think The Logan character didn't work..... They can still make it work.

This guy has a backstory worth exploring. In my pitch in another thread I think the plot of the next movie is who SHOULD take over Johns work.

Why not make it a a game where Jigsaw set up for anyone out there the wishes to take on the mantel of Jigsaw step up and face his test and if they win they receive his life's work.

Thus way we get a backstory on Logan on whether his is worthy or talented to take on his work...... As well is Eleanor.

I totally agree. I think Logan is a character who can be well exploited if they know how to work with him.
"Fool me once, shame you; Fool me twice, shame on me"

Team Hoffman

Tais Hoffman
Victim

Rank experience:
47.5%

1 year of membership

Mood: Good

Postby Vinc360 » January 5th, 2019, 5:45 pm

I think moving away from the flawed apprentice holding pattern is a good idea. And Logan didn't work at all for me either in terms of character or actor performance. I think moving on is the right move. They felt aspexts of Jigsaw were decidedly TV movie like, and I think they are correct.

They really, really want to make another Saw movie that people love, and taking creative liberties is the only way to do it.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
40%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » January 5th, 2019, 6:44 pm

So, any news, Vinc?

I think the new director could be the guy who directed Escape Room. I enjoyed that movie. Do you have any idea about directors and a possible release date?

Thanks in advance
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
65%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » January 5th, 2019, 8:01 pm

Nothing yet, they're meeting in the next couple weeks to assess the script. If it's ready, they'll send it to horror directors in hopes of hiring someone. If rhey do promptly, they can go into production by April and release in October. If not, it'll be 2020.

Last I heard, it definitely was not ready (no agreement on why John would be alive in the movie, which is a pretty big thing to figure out)

I suspect they'll shoot late this year and release Halloween 2020.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
40%

Postby ColeSmith777 » January 6th, 2019, 9:30 am

Vinc360 wrote:Nothing yet, they're meeting in the next couple weeks to assess the script. If it's ready, they'll send it to horror directors in hopes of hiring someone. If rhey do promptly, they can go into production by April and release in October. If not, it'll be 2020.

Last I heard, it definitely was not ready (no agreement on why John would be alive in the movie, which is a pretty big thing to figure out)

I suspect they'll shoot late this year and release Halloween 2020.

Someone else in this forum is saying with confidence we will get an official announcement in the first quarter of this year. Do you think this is only applicable if the script is promptly finalised and a director is hired?
These politicians, they say the same thing over and over and over again; "Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government." Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or by the government. They're made by the insurance companies.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
74%

Postby Vinc360 » January 6th, 2019, 2:37 pm

I think they may announce it for a 2020 release if they know they can't make it for this year.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
40%

Postby nineroses » January 7th, 2019, 9:14 pm

From working in the industry, if they don't have a final script at this point.... I highly doubt we'll get a 2019 release.

And I would prefer a 2020 release of quality rather than a rushed final product so I'm not complaining..
nineroses
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
34%

Postby Vinc360 » January 8th, 2019, 2:41 am

Yeah, I personally think it'll be 2020. Maybe not Halloween, depending on Blumhouse.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
40%

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)