Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The traps in the next movie

Sequel or Prequel?

The traps in the next movie

Postby Themovieman » December 30th, 2018, 9:20 am

Based on the info Vincent has provided us over the past couple of weeks, I think it's safe to assume that we will be getting another Saw movie very soon.

One concern I have is the traps they will have in the next one. Don't get me wrong, I think that Jigsaw had a couple of good traps, such as the Spiralizer, the Laser Collars and the Shotgun Test,(the Spiralizer being my personal favorite.) But as a whole, I thought the movie had some of the lamest and least creative traps in the series, mainly the barn traps.
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
67%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: The traps in the next movie

Postby Faerie Tanith » December 30th, 2018, 2:41 pm

At this point I think it would be hard to do things that haven't already been done. See Carly and her acid syringes vs William Easton's death in VI, or the death by furnace/oven in II and 3D. While still creative it's getting harder to stay original when you've done it all. However I'm sure original and clever traps could still be pulled off. So long as they don't go back to nail bombs again...
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Annoyed

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)