Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Final destination reboot

Sequel or Prequel?

Final destination reboot

Postby LukeG » January 12th, 2019, 5:40 am

Patrick and Marcus of saw fame are writing the reboot for final destination. If this is successful I believe Lions gate will do a full reboot after the 9th film. Anyone else feel the same?
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
37.5%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Final destination reboot

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 12th, 2019, 6:44 am

It... really doesn't need a reboot. I'm still cringeing over The Final Destination flopping (and then 5 being made a couple of years afterwards). As with Saw (the 'final chapter'... come on), I don't think FD needs to be rebooted. We got a few great movies, but dragging them out is what's killing them. Writers, please learn what 'final' means if you're going to use it in your work so often.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young

Instagram Twitter Arbonne
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Suicidal

Re: Final destination reboot

Postby evanmav » January 12th, 2019, 6:29 pm

I read this news yesterday and was really excited. I’ve always really enjoyed the final destination series. I just always thought they were fun movies and thought FD 5 was great so I was upset it ended on that. Only one I didn’t really like at all was 4 because it was just so bad and gimmicky. I’m excited to see what Patrick and Marcus do with the series. I’m hoping they don’t re-tell the first movie, I’m really just hoping they do a FD 6.
evanmav
Victim

Rank experience:
5%

1 year of membership

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)