Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Jigsaw speeking to amanda

This halloween, he's pulling out all the stops.

Jigsaw speeking to amanda

Postby gramz » July 12th, 2016, 1:40 pm

Does Anyone else relise that the letter hoffman left for amanda saying kill jill or i'll tell Jigsaw what you did in regards to gideon etc, does anyone else relise that jigsaw tells amanda when he is lieing on the bed to look in his middle draw as there is something for her, that is where the letter is, so jigsaw knows about the letter, this isnt made into something in the film, surely amanda would relise jigsaw led her to the draw, at no point does hoffman say oh tell amda there is something in the desk for her. so its jigsaw directing her to it and thus directing her to relise that jigsaw is playing her in the game. and its her that has to make the right decision other wise jigsaw would surely of killed he4r long before if he knew what hoffman thought he didnt know :) :) knowne else seems to get this. and i think the film in editing didnt relise that this bit dosent make sence. i have all saw films, infact i have 2 of some of them as i scratched some up and this is the only bit i dont get , if it was shown in the flashback as amanda is relising its her game that jigsaw knew of the letter then fine but it dosent,its a easter egg only the keen eye and ear will spot.
gramz
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
3%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Jigsaw speeking to amanda

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » July 12th, 2016, 4:38 pm

There are a few other topics in the forums that address this question, so you might want to try and find them if you want some in depth answers/discussion. Basically there are a few theories, such as, Hoffman switched the letter Jigsaw originally intended her to find. There is also the possibility that Jigsaw knew she was involved with Gideon's death and the letter was a test as part of her game, she was given a choice to kill or not. Whether Jigsaw knew she was involved or not is up to interpretation at this point and can change the interpretation of what happens, if Jigsaw didn't know, then Hoffman basically blackmailed Amanda and in doing so orchestrated Jigsaw's death.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
74%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » June 10th, 2017, 2:42 am

As far as whether or not John knew about Amanda's involvement in Gideon's death... this is a man who knows intricately minor details about perfect strangers simply through watching and studying them. Do we really think he was clueless about Amanda's part in Jill's miscarriage? If anything, in addition to her being a drug addict, doesn't that alone make her a perfect candidate for one of his tests?
My theory there is that John knew. He couldn't NOT know. He just never addressed it. Whether or not Hoffman knew that John knew was another matter, but he was playing dirty with that letter anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if he was perfectly aware John knew but chose to play on Amanda's ignorance to bend the game. He knew he could count on her fear of what John would do to her.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
56.5%

Mood: Lonely

Postby DetectiveChan » July 26th, 2017, 2:16 am

I believe he knew. After all he was testing Amanda but she failed to stay in controll.
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
1.5%

Mood: Confident

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 26th, 2017, 4:24 am

There's no way he couldn't have known, honestly.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
56.5%

Mood: Lonely

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 26th, 2017, 6:45 am

If you rewatch the scene, there was a bunch of other documents in the envelope, while Hoffman's letter was just one single piece of paper. He simply smuggled it into the envelope that John had already prepared for her.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
14.3%

1 year of membership

Return to SAW III